Ecommerce Content Creator
Date Posted: 22 December 2021
We have a great opportunity for a creative content creator to join the Aphrodite web team to promote the business and our wide range of menswear brands such as Moncler, Canada Goose, Stone Island and CP Company. As part of the digital content team you will be producing a range of content including but not limited to product descriptions, blog posts, e-newsletters and editorial pieces. Up to date social media content creation skills will also put you at an immediate advantage.
You will be able to produce accurate, SEO friendly blog posts to feature on our internal blog as well as to feature on our extensive network of external affiliate sites. You should be able to analyse on-page metrics such as visits, exit rates, bounce rates, and amend your copy accordingly to improve your results. Writing product descriptions in busy periods is also a requirement.
Knowledge of email platforms such as Dotdigital or Mailchimp would be beneficial for newsletter creation, as would a basic grasp of HTML. Again the ability to analyse open rates, CTR’s, conversions will be necessary.
We want to employ someone who is not afraid to take risks and try new ideas, with the idea of producing content that will resonate with the consumer. Therefore an interest in mens fashion and staying up to date with the latest forms of content creation are a must.
A good command of the English language is essential, as is being able to adapt your style of writing to the task in hand.
- Writing menswear posts for our internal blog and external affiliates
- Writing accurate descriptions of menswear clothing / footwear / accessories for our website
- Quality checking product descriptions
- Producing regular e-newsletters
- Helping out in other roles in the office when needed
- Contacting affiliates / publishers about new products
- Re-touching / editing in-house photography in Photoshop is beneficial
- High accuracy with spelling / grammar
- Able to consistently write fresh descriptions for new ranges of products
- Knowledge of Magento or similar would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation preferred
- Great time management
- Highly effective communicator
- Must be organised
- Flexible with working hours if necessary
- Please be aware that reasonable additional hours may be requested from time to time for various reasons, especially around retail promotional periods
- Wage dependent on experience
- Staff discount (after 3 months)
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunities for progression in an expanding company
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to [email protected] stating why you believe you are suitable for the role and your availability to start in the position.
Date Posted: 22 December 2021
We are currently looking for a qualified Ecommerce Product Photographer to join our rapidly expanding team. If you love life behind a camera and have a keen interest in fashion, ideally menswear, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. You will report directly to the Head Photographer who will set out your daily work schedule.You must be a naturally confident photographer with a flair for creativity and eye for detail. We will be looking for someone to be able to work mostly with mannequins and sporadically on a model both in-house and on location. You should be comfortable styling the model if our stylist was absent, so an interest of the brands we sell will put you at an advantage.As we also produce video content for social media and for use on the media devices in-store, it would be beneficial if you have video experience.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience of Capture One or Adobe Lightroom
- Skilled at image editing
- Adobe Premiere Pro experience would be advantageous
- Live in the North East region and able to commute to Sunderland each day
- Previous experience of shooting fashion content
- Fully proficient with studio lighting
- Flexible working hours, working weekends when necessary
- Able to work during busy retail periods such as Black Friday and Christmas
- Exceptional time keeping and attendance
If you are not qualified as a photographer, please do not apply for the role. We are specifically looking for someone who can be an immediate self-starter.Competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience.
To apply for the role please submit your C.V and any examples of any work to [email protected]. Due to the expected demand for this role we will not be able to contact everyone individually but will be in touch with candidates we would like to interview in the coming weeks.
Date Posted: 22 December 2021
Aphrodite is an independent menswear retailer based in Sunderland and sell worldwide through our online store. Our store located in Sunderland City Centre now commands over 5,000sq ft of floor space over 3 floors. As official stockists of brands such as Stone Island, Moncler and Canada Goose, we are one of the leading names in men’s fashion.
We are looking for a full-time Image Editor to join our busy online team. Every product that goes online has to be edited to a high standard once it has been photographed. If you are highly skilled in Photoshop and have a good eye for detail, this could be the perfect position for you. Ideally, you’ll have an interest in fashion and recognise the brands that we sell.
Day to day you will be removing the backgrounds from images, removing any imperfections, transforming the image so it is symmetrical, colour corrected etc. You should be comfortable using the likes of layer masks, clone tools, liquifying and adjustment layers. There will also be the opportunity to edit other lifestyle images that come out of the photography studio.
In quieter periods you may get the opportunity to help out with other jobs in the office such as writing product descriptions or blog posts so a good command of the English language is highly desired. The position is perfect for someone looking to step into the world of fashion.
· Proficient in the use of Adobe Photoshop
· Skilled at image editing
· Experience of Capture One or Adobe Lightroom would be useful
· Able to work confidently at a reasonably fast pace
· Live in the North East region and able to commute to Sunderland each day
· Understand the need to save images optimised for the web
· Flexible working hours, working weekends when necessary
· Able to work during busy retail periods such as Black Friday and Christmas
· Exceptional time keeping and attendance
To apply for the role please submit your C.V and any examples of work to [email protected]. Due to the expected demand for this role we will not be able to contact everyone individually but will be in touch with candidates we would like to interview in the coming weeks.
Date Posted: 3 December 2021 (ongoing)
The Aphrodite Content Team is looking for male models to join our Sunderland studio.
Working within a photography studio and occasionally various indoor and outdoor locations, your role will be to model clothing for use on our website, aiding the sale of products online. You will be required to model for a mix of e-commerce and editorial shoots on a flexible, part time basis. All levels of experience are welcomed, however experience is advantageous. This role is open to applicants 18+ only.
The role will involve a mix of editorial photoshoots for promotion / marketing and e-commerce shoots, to demonstrate product fit. Our models work alongside and take direction from our photographers and stylist, with the flexibility to work across a mix of well known designer brands. The ability to adapt to studio and location shoots for editorial, where appropriate, is essential.
Due to the nature of this role it is necessary you are the following measurements:
Height: 5’8” - 6’2”
Chest: 38-42” (UK M-L)
To apply, please email over your portfolio and/or a head and full length shot, plus your current availability to [email protected].
If successful, you will be invited in for a test shoot.
Online Dispatch Assistant
Date Posted: 24 January 2022 (ongoing)
Aphrodite are recruiting Online Dispatch Assistants to join their expanding team. Main duties will include dispatching orders, creating shipment labels, liaising with couriers & customer service.
· Exceptional level of concentration to minimise mistakes
· Able to work confidently and independently
· Good time management and attendance
· Liaising with customers to ensure excellent customer service
· Proficient verbal and written communication skills
· Able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent attention to detail
· Good organisational skills
· A team player, able to assist with various tasks
· Must be flexible to work both weekdays and weekends
· The ability to navigate around computer systems
This is a permanent position with both Full-Time & Part-Time contracts available (subject to 3 Month probationary period). To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected].
Due to the expected demand for this role, we will not be able to contact everyone individually but will be in touch with candidates we would like to interview in the coming weeks